Course Code and Title: RIIERR201A Conduct Fire Team Operations
Course Description:This unit covers the conducting of fire team operations in resources and infrastructure industries. It includes the planning and preparing for work, fighting or containing fires and finalising operations.
Objectives: This course aims at those who are aiming to become or are required to be a part of an Emergency Response Team. The members are required to provide the fire fighting capability in the resource and infrastructure industry. It aims at developing both individual knowledge and skills but then ensuring that operations are conducted as a team.
Basic Fire Science
- Causes, characteristics, hazards and responses to the types of fire
- Site gases and characteristics
- Basic site geology and survey information related to fire operations
- Firefighting Tactics & Techniques
- Fire Team Safety Protocols
- Fire Team Training Requirements
- Responding to Fires & Emergencies
- Legislative and site rules
- Basic building structural information related to fire operations
- Fire fighting equipment
- Fire fighting techniques
- Isolation and tagging procedures
- Critical situation dynamics and control
- Communication and reporting procedures
- Initial response First Aid
- Using a Fire extinguisher,
- Fire Hose Reel & Fire Blanket
- Principles of SIZE-UP and RECEO when responding to fires
- Use of hose lines and structural firefighting
Fire Team Training is tailored to your worksite, equipment and procedures.
Assessment: Assessment will be performed progressively throughout the course using demonstrations of practical skills, scenario’s and short answer theory questions.
Register for a Course