Course Code and Title: PUASAR025A Undertake Confined Space Rescue
Award Issued: Statement of Attainment for Undertake Confined Space Rescue – PUASAR025A
Nationally Recognised Course Code:
• PUASAR002A Participate in Rescue Operations
• PUAFIR307B Monitor Hazardous Atmospheres
• PUAFIR201B Prevent Injury
Pre-Requisites: PUASAR022A Participate in a rescue operation (Fire sector specific);
PUAFIR316 Identify, detect and monitor hazardous materials at an incident (Fire sector specific); PUAFIR207B Operate Breathing Apparatus
Recertification: Recommended Yearly
Duration: 24 Hours
Course Description: This unit covers the competency required to undertake rescue in confined spaces, as defined in AS 2865-2009 Confined spaces, as a member of a single agency or multi-disciplinary team.
Objectives: The application of this unit in the workplace covers a range of confined space rescue situations.
The training is aimed at personnel from emergency services and/or volunteer organisations or organisations where confined space work is undertaken.
• Identifying Confined Spaces & Confined Space hazards
• Australian Standards & Relevant Legislation explained
• Confined Space Work Permits & Entry Procedures
• Worksite Policy & Procedures
• Lockout & tag out methods of isolation
• Atmospheric Monitoring and Gas Detection
• Tripods, VED’s & Rescue Equipment
• Confined Space Stretchers
• Practical Rescue Scenarios from Confined Spaces
Assessment: Assessment will be performed progressively throughout the course using demonstrations of practical skills, scenario’s and short answer theory questions.
Register for a Course
This Course is provided in partnership with, and is accredited by Fire and Safety Australia RTO:22250