Course Code and Title: PUASAR032A Undertake Vertical Rescue
Award Issued: Statement of Attainment for: Undertake Vertical Rescue PUASAR032A, Prevent Injury PUAFIR201B, Provide Emergency Care PUAEME001B
Pre-Requisites: Participant in Rescue Operations PUASAR022A
Recertification: Two Yearly, Regular practice is required to maintain currency of skills.
Duration: 40 Hours
Course Description: This unit covers the competency required to undertake vertical rescue in a range of emergency situations in natural and man-made environments.
Objectives: This Vertical Rescue courses is designed for onsite Emergency Response Teams, operators and maintenance personnel who are required to perform emergency rescue of a worker. This nationally recognised course covers theoretical and practical aspects of performing vertical rescue techniques.
- Legislation & References
- AS4488 and AS1891.4 – Falls From Height Regulations
- Software Theory: Harness, Ropes etc
- Vertical Rescue training requirements
- Hardware Theory
- Life Rescue Knots & Hitches
- Anchor Points / Anchor Systems
- Suspension Trauma
- Rappelling Skills
- Ascensing Skills
- Rescue Team Work and Leadership
- Lowering & Raising Systems
- Stretcher Escorting & Patient handling
- ‘Pick Off’ Rescues
- Safety Officer & Team Leader Roles & Responsibilities
Assessment: Assessment will be performed progressively throughout the course using demonstrations of practical skills, scenario’s and short answer theory questions.
Register for a Course
This Course is provided in partnership with, and is accredited by Fire and Safety Australia RTO:22250