Course Code and Title: PUASAR024A Undertake Road Crash Rescue
Award Issued: Statement of Attainment for Undertake Road Crash Rescue PUASAR024A
- PUAEME002C Manage injuries at emergency incident OR
- HLTFA301C Apply first aid
- Includes PUASAR022A Participate in a rescue operation
Recertification: Recommended to do skills refresher at least yearly
Duration: 40 Hours
Course Description: This unit covers the competency required to gain access to and extricate entrapped casualty/s from vehicles travelling on the road such as cars, motorcycles, buses, trucks and semi-trailers while minimising the potential for further injury and preserving the integrity of evidence. This unit requires the responder to access entrapped casualty/s using a range of techniques and to operate specialist equipment to undertake the rescue. No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication.
Objectives: This course aims at those required to provide emergency response, response, access and extrication of casualties where vehicles of all types are involved. This unit may be customised to suit a range of road crash rescue incidents based on an organisational risk profile.
- Road Accident Rescue Training Course requirements
- Vehicle and Machinery construction
- Road Accident Rescue Hazards
- Road Accident Rescue Equipment
- Road Accident Rescue Team Formation Managing Injuries at the incident scene
- Road Accident Rescue Training Safety requirements
- Car Identification / heavy vehicle rescue techniques
- Airbags & Battery isolation
- Personal Protective Equipment Rescue Team Ethos & Ideals
- Patient Handling
- Rapid Casualty Access
- Vehicle Extrication (Cutters, Spreaders, Rams, Airbags etc)
- Safety Officer & Team Leader Roles & Responsibilities
Assessment: Assessment will be performed progressively throughout the course using demonstrations of practical skills, scenario’s and short answer theory questions.
Register for a Course