Course Code and Title: PUAFIR207B Operate Breathing Apparatus – Open Circuit
Award Issued: Statement of Attainment for Operate Breathing Apparatus – Open Circuit – PUAFIR207B
Pre-Requisites: PUAFIR201B – Prevent injury
Recertification: Recommended Yearly
Duration: 20 Hours
Course Description: This unit covers the competency required to select, don, operate and maintain breathing apparatus equipment in an irrespirable atmosphere. No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication.
Objectives: The goal of this course is to train participants with the knowledge and skills required to safely inspect, maintain and operate Self Contained Breathing Apparatus during normal work and in particular during emergency situations in accordance with OHS Regulations and Australian Standard 1715-2009 Breathing Apparatus.
• Breathing Apparatus Training according to Legislation and Regulations
• Hazardous environments that require breathing protection
• Relevant Australian Standards, Regulations explained
• Breathing Apparatus Training requirements
• The Human respiratory system
• Types of Breathing Apparatus
• Communication Procedures
• Risk Assessments and hierarchy of Hazard Control
• Breathing Apparatus Key components
• Calculating working duration & Emergency escape times
• Using Breathing Apparatus Control Tally Boards
• Breathing Apparatus Safety & Entrapment Procedures
• After Use Cleaning, Maintenance & Testing Procedures
• Search & Rescue
Assessment: Assessment will be performed progressively throughout the course using demonstrations of practical skills, scenario’s and short answer theory questions.
Register for a Course
This Course is provided in partnership with, and is accredited by Fire and Safety Australia RTO:22250