Course Code and Title: RII30713 – Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue
Course Overview: Gain the skills and competencies you need to be job ready to become an Emergency Response and Security Team member in the mining and construction industry.
Objective: This qualification reflects the role of response and rescue team members who work in a mine site or a construction site, who perform tasks involving a broad range of skilled applications applied in a wide variety of contexts, which may involve application of some discretion and judgement in selecting equipment, services or contingency measures.
Job Ready Career Training for Mining, Oil, Gas and Construction Industries
Duration: 18 days
Core Units (4)
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workforce
- RIIOHS201D Work safely and follow OHS policies and procedures
- RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
Essentials Electives (8)
- RIIGOV201D Comply with site work processes/procedures
- HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid
- PMAOHS211B Prepare equipment for emergency response
- PUAFIR309B Operate pumps.
- PUAFIR207B Operate breathing apparatus open circuit
- PUASAR024A Undertake road crash rescue
- PUASAR032A Undertake vertical rescue
- PUASAR025A Undertake confined space rescue
- RIIERR201D Conduct fire team operations
- PUAFIR320-316 Identify and render hazardous materials incidents safe
Optional Electives (4)
- RIIERR301D Respond to mine incident
- RIIERR302D Respond to local emergencies and incidents
- RIIRIS301D Apply risk management processes
- PUAAMS007B Coordinate search and rescue operations
- PMAOMIR444B Develop incident containment tactics
- Coal Board Medical to ensure you are ERT ready.
- Standard 11 Induction – requires bridging to comply with BMA.
- Transport, accommodation and meals can be supplied
Delivered in Moranbah and Croydon, Victoria
Please email LifeAid or call 1300 543 324 if you require additional information on this service.
Register for a Course