Course Code and Title: MSAPMPER205C Confined Space Awareness – Entry & Standby
Award Issued: Statement of Attainment for Enter Confined Space – MSAPMPER205C
Recertification: Recomended Annually
Duration: 8 Hours
Course Description: This competency covers the control of entry to confined spaces, for maintenance, servicing of vessels or other necessary reasons. Work in / entry to confined spaces shall conform to relevant legislation and AS2865/2001, or its authorised update or replacement.
Objectives: To perform Confined Space Entry in a safe, correct and efficient manner in any situation.
• Identifying Confined Spaces
• Confined Space Training requirements in Legislation, Regulations & Australian Standard 2865-2009
• Hazard Identification
• Confined Space Training requirements
• Australian Standards & Relevant Legislation explained
• Roles and Responsibilities of Management & Employees
• Case studies of confined space incidents
• Risk Assessments & Hierarchy of Hazard Controls
• Confined Space Entry Permits Awareness
• Confined Space Safety Equipment Usage (harnesses, tripods, winches, spreader bars etc)
• Worksite Policy & Procedures
• Lock-out, Tag-out and methods of Isolation
• Atmospheric Monitoring and Gas Detection Awareness
Assessment: Assessment will be performed progressively throughout the course using demonstrations of practical skills, scenario’s and short answer theory questions.
Register for a Course