Course Code and Title: MSAPMPER205C Confined Space Awareness – Entry & Standby
Award Issued: Statement of Attainment for Enter Confined Space – MSAPMPER205C
Recertification: Recomended Annually
Duration: 8 Hours
Course Description: This competency covers the control of entry to confined spaces, for maintenance, servicing of vessels or other necessary reasons. Work in / entry to confined spaces shall conform to relevant legislation and AS2865/2001, or its authorised update or replacement.
Objectives: To perform Confined Space Entry in a safe, correct and efficient manner in any situation.
• Identifying Confined Spaces
• Confined Space Training requirements in Legislation, Regulations & Australian Standard 2865-2009
• Hazard Identification
• Confined Space Training requirements
• Australian Standards & Relevant Legislation explained
• Roles and Responsibilities of Management & Employees
• Case studies of confined space incidents
• Risk Assessments & Hierarchy of Hazard Controls
• Confined Space Entry Permits Awareness
• Confined Space Safety Equipment Usage (harnesses, tripods, winches, spreader bars etc)
• Worksite Policy & Procedures
• Lock-out, Tag-out and methods of Isolation
• Atmospheric Monitoring and Gas Detection Awareness
Assessment: Assessment will be performed progressively throughout the course using demonstrations of practical skills, scenario’s and short answer theory questions.
Register for a Course
For further information or course bookings, please call us on 1300 LifeAid (1300 543 324) or email LifeAid
This Course is provided in partnership with, and is accredited by Fire and Safety Australia RTO:22250