Course Code and Title: HLTSS00027 – Occupational First Aid
Award Issued: Statement of Attainment for HLTSS00027 – Occupational First Aid
- HLTAID001 Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation CPR
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTAID006 Provide advanced first aid
- HLTAID007 Provide Advanced Resuscitation
- HLTAID008 Manage first aid Services and Resources
Recertification: 1 Year (Australian resuscitation Council advises that CPR be refreshed annually)
Duration: 3 to 5 days
Course Description: This unit provides the student with the competence and confidence to asses a patient who has no signs of life and to deliver CPR as and when it is required.The course includes Apply First Aid and Advanced First Aid and concentrates on the practical aspects of providing advanced first aid in the context of the workplace
Objective: This course has been developed to train first aiders in how to respond to emergencies where emergency assistance may be some distance away or delayed to the characteristics of gaining access to where the casualty is located.
As an Occupational First Aider you may be required to provide patient care to an advanced first aid level until the arrival of the emergency services such as ambulance during complex incidents and emergencies. The other key responsibility involves the organisation and management of a workplace first aid room.
Course Content: This course provides the skills and knowledge to provide first aid response, life support and scene management for a range of situations including:
- Occupational First Aid Overview
- Advanced Resuscitation
- Occupational first aid legal requirements
- Oxygen Therapy & Resuscitation
- Advanced first aid management of Illness and Injury
- Recording patient care
- Medications & Pharmacology
Assessment: Assessment will be performed progressively throughout the course using demonstrations of practical skills, scenario’s and short answer theory questions.
Register for a Course