Course Code and Title: HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting.
Award Issued: Statement of Attainment for HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting.
Recertification 3 Years (Australian resuscitation Council advises that CPR be refreshed annually)
Duration: 20 Hours
Course Description: This unit deals with the provision of emergency life support in recognizing and responding to an emergency using basic life support measures. The first aider provides an initial response to a situation where first aid may be required but is not expected to deal with complex casualties or incidents.
Objectives: To perform first aid in a safe, correct and efficient manner in any situation.
Course Content: This course provides the skills and knowledge to provide first aid response, life support and scene management for a range of situations including:
• Assessing emergencies
• Airway, breathing and resuscitation – CPR
• Managing the unconscious casualty
• Infection control
• Asthma and anaphylaxis management
• Bleeding control and shock
• Spinal Injuries
• Head, chest and abdominal trauma injuries
• Poisoning, Bites & Stings
• Eye Injuries
• Heat, cold and other environmental injuries
• Manual handling of the sick and/or injured
• Documentation of care and vital signs
• Communication in an emergency situation
• First Aid kits, contents and regulations
Assessment: Assessment will be performed progressively throughout the course using demonstrations of practical skills, scenario’s and short answer theory questions.
Register for a Course